cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Showing Driven Part Dimensions in Drawing

TB_7518948
6-Contributor

Showing Driven Part Dimensions in Drawing

Hi all,

I just have a question about showing dimensions with Creo Parametric 7.0.11.0 . I know some work-arounds, but I am just curious if this is possible...

When I make a driven dimension in a part file, I can show that dimension at the higher level in the assembly model. I can't, however, show that dimension in the drawing?

It does work with other annotations like datums or notes, but not driven dimensions.

I can get it to work if I put all of the driven dimensions in the part into an Annotation feature and then show that, but that seems like a weird workaround? Is this the intended functionality and I'm just trying to do things a weird way?

Attached is some screenshots of a test assembly.

Also the reason I am doing it this way is that I have an inseparable assembly with helicoils, pins, etc... and my company is still stuck with Creo 7.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TB_7518948 

I could not reproduce the same issue on my end. please review the below image. 

It might be easier in some case to pick the desired dimensions in the model tree and show them using the contextual command "show"

Dimensions.jpg

Best Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @TB_7518948 

I could not reproduce the same issue on my end. please review the below image. 

It might be easier in some case to pick the desired dimensions in the model tree and show them using the contextual command "show"

Dimensions.jpg

Best Regards,

Michael

TB_7518948
6-Contributor
(To:Mfridman)

Thank you! I actually didn't know about the "show" command for those dimensions in the drawing tree. Perfect solution!

Top Tags