cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Simplified Representation by Part Appearance

NathanAbplanalp
7-Bedrock

Simplified Representation by Part Appearance

I'm looking to create a simplified rep. based on part appearances. Ideally I'd like it to be an automated selection process. The simplified rep. would populate based on appearance name.

Is this possible?

I explored using rules & conditions inside the simplified rep. view manager, but could not find an option for "appearance."

Any help, guidance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @NathanAbplanalp 

This approach, as formulated in your question, is currently not part of Creo Parametric capabilities for the following reason:

1. Rules for Simplified Representations (documented in Help Center Here) are always based on the outcome of a query in Search Tool
  2. And Search Tool (documented in Help Center here):
    • can do queries on "geometries" for instance (Zone, Distance and/or Exterior Components)
    • but cannot use appearances (not documented in Help Center as possible entries of the Search Tool) to build a query

That said, as alternate approach, you may consider to approach this with materials where appearances are preconfigured in parts. Better than a long explanation, I registered a little movie for you to show how this can be achieved.

If not clear, feel free of course to get back to me with a reply to this post.

Regards,

Serge

Thank you, Serge. I have watched the video. I'm hopeful this will help me achieve the desired outcome. I will give this a try. Thank you.

Top Tags