cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Skeletons and composite datum curves

DanielYoder
1-Newbie

Skeletons and composite datum curves

Hi All,

I am modeling a motorcycle frame and was wondering if you can take the 2D curves that I have in my skeleton and somehow apply a datum plane normal to the 2D curve and draw a curve showing the rise in the tube. Then I could intersect them and end up with a 3D datum curve.

TIA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The slides below incorporate an answer to the 3D datum curve question posed above while giving a quick introduction and a few basics on top-down skeleton design.

The techniqures presented are not the only ones available... but as a good start based off Dan's parts (in the original email), they should be helpful.

I probably need to repost this as a document. As always, click on the slides to see a larger view.

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Slide4.PNG

Slide5.PNG

Slide6.PNG

Slide7.PNG

Slide8.PNG

Slide9.PNG

Slide10.PNG

Slide11.PNG

Slide12.PNG

Slide13.PNG

Slide14.PNG

Slide15.PNG

Slide16.PNG

Slide17.PNG

Slide18.PNGSlide19.PNG

Slide20.PNG

Slide21.PNG

Slide22.PNG

Slide23.PNG

Slide24.PNG

Slide25.PNG

Slide26.PNG

Slide27.PNG

Slide28.PNG

Slide29.PNG

If that content wasn't worth 5 points then I don't know what would be!

-Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The slides below incorporate an answer to the 3D datum curve question posed above while giving a quick introduction and a few basics on top-down skeleton design.

The techniqures presented are not the only ones available... but as a good start based off Dan's parts (in the original email), they should be helpful.

I probably need to repost this as a document. As always, click on the slides to see a larger view.

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

Slide4.PNG

Slide5.PNG

Slide6.PNG

Slide7.PNG

Slide8.PNG

Slide9.PNG

Slide10.PNG

Slide11.PNG

Slide12.PNG

Slide13.PNG

Slide14.PNG

Slide15.PNG

Slide16.PNG

Slide17.PNG

Slide18.PNGSlide19.PNG

Slide20.PNG

Slide21.PNG

Slide22.PNG

Slide23.PNG

Slide24.PNG

Slide25.PNG

Slide26.PNG

Slide27.PNG

Slide28.PNG

Slide29.PNG

If that content wasn't worth 5 points then I don't know what would be!

-Brian

Thank you so much Brian. I can't believe that you spent this much time and effort to help someone in need. You went above and beyond the call of duty on this one. I will dissect these 29 pages and learn everything that I possibly can. This will give me enough information to complete the frame,although I might have a hand full of questions that may come up before it is completed. When I get to the gas tank it will be a real challenge and I hope that you can be there for me again. We will then move on to the Creo Schemantics and Cabling for the wiring harness. I have it started and have some understanding of the Cabling Module. Then I will do a TDD of the motor using motion skeletons I will need some help there for sure. We might be working together for over a year, but when we are all done we will have a 84 Honda Magna VF700C full scale running and wired. You can use all the models and illustrations on your website and I will have the privilege of working with a great humanitarian. This motorcycle will be on ever motorcycle forum in the country and you will get top billing for its success. This forum has some of the top ProE experts in the world and in my book you are in the top 10

Thanks again and God Bless

Brilliant Brian

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianMartin)

It's time for you to start authoring Pro/E books. Better yet, a book to teach CAD modeling design concepts.

This is what Best Practice Academy should be!

Dang Brian! I hadn't seen this one before! Talking about "over-the-top!"

Nice job!!

Top Tags