cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Sketch Constraints in Creo 4.0

imoldes
8-Gravel

Sketch Constraints in Creo 4.0

Hello.

I just moved from Creo 2 to Creo 4, and I'm having some problem with Sketcher constraints.

In Creo 2.0, when doing a sketch, the constraints are only showed with the references I selected for that sketch; however, Creo 4.0 shows me constraints with all the background lines that the model has, it doesn't matter if they are references or not, and this is not good when you have a model with a lot of entities. Is there a way to show only constraints with the references I have selected for the sketch like in Creo 2.0?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:imoldes)

I think you're referring to how Creo 4 tries to snap to model geometry not just the references that you selected, am I right?  I'm not on Creo 4 yet but I've read about this and I think sketcher_snap_model_geometry no will turn that off.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Try config sketcher_pre_creo4_constraints as yes

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I think you're referring to how Creo 4 tries to snap to model geometry not just the references that you selected, am I right?  I'm not on Creo 4 yet but I've read about this and I think sketcher_snap_model_geometry no will turn that off.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hello Doug.

Thank you very much! This was exactly what I needed.

Top Tags