cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Sketch Entities to small to extrude from

JC_9595450
2-Guest

Sketch Entities to small to extrude from

I've traced an image in Creo sketch, with the intention to extrude - remove the profile into the base part. The problem is, I believe, that some of the spline sketch entities are too small and it's causing a regeneration error when I try to extrude - solid. I can extrude - surface, but that isn't what I need here.

Larger scaled versions of this same sketch are able to extrude, which is why I'm assuming it has to do with the sketch entity size. I've already set my model properties - accuracy to as low as the system will allow.

Does anyone know of a work around or way to modify a sketch to get this to work?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JC_9595450)

Are you positive there are no open ends?

What version of Creo is this? Newer versions will automatically highlight open ends and complete, closed loops.

You said you reduced the accuracy, is this absolute or relative?  There is another config option that will let you further reduce the absolute accuracy lower than the default limit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JC_9595450)

Are you positive there are no open ends?

What version of Creo is this? Newer versions will automatically highlight open ends and complete, closed loops.

You said you reduced the accuracy, is this absolute or relative?  There is another config option that will let you further reduce the absolute accuracy lower than the default limit.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

By the way, if your model is set to absolute accuracy, the shortest segment can't be less than 2 times the absolute accuracy value.  For example, if absolute accuracy is set to 0.0001 inches, the shortest segment must be at least 0.0002 inches.

Awesome, thank you so much for the fix for this. I was set to Absolute accuracy. You're correct, that Relative accuracy allowed me to to go much smaller and now I'm able to extrude from this sketch.

Top Tags