cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sketch Setup Icon is greyed out during flange wall creation

JD_9876527
4-Participant

Sketch Setup Icon is greyed out during flange wall creation

Hello,  I am a new user of Creo 8.0.

I am trying to create a sketch for a flange wall in sheetmetal mode.

It will not allow me to change the orientation of the sketch, because Sketch Setup is grayed out.

JD_9876527_0-1656426507329.png

It doesn't matter if I am defining or redefining the sketch.

Anyone know the secret to accessing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you can reorient the model using standard orientation tool - you can select saved view -OR- orient the model by selecting geometric references.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:JD_9876527)

Creo will always make the sketch plane normal to the selected edge and use the wall to control the X direction.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
JD_9876527
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Thanks,

In past versions of Creo (Pro/E)  (Creo 1 e.g.), I could access this menu and rotate my sketch, by selecting a different plane for the secondary reference.

I wish I could just rotate my sketching plane in 90 degree increments til I have the orientation that I want (consistent with the design intent or orientation of the part.)

remy
21-Topaz I

Hi after firing Wildfire 4.0 i was unable to access the Edit > References menu: 

remy_0-1656429709295.png

Is there something you did differently?

JD_9876527
4-Participant
(To:remy)

Well, I think we are talking about 2 different things.  Sketcher references and Sketch Plane Orientation.

In Creo 1 (aka Wildfire 5.0), you could just to go the Sketcher References menu and change references at will.  A lot of times, I would select (or deselect) all my references before any lines are drawn.  That is probably my usual work flow for sketcher.

Sketch Plane Orientation was a bit trickier, but you could do it.  You had to commit to going into the sketch and then go back to the pull-down menus and redefine the Orientation.  You could pick a different Datum Plane or Surface for the primary and you could select a different reference for secondary orientation OR just pick a different direction.  (So, if you had the "TOP" plane pointing the right, you could change it to the top which rotated your sketcher.)

remy
21-Topaz I

Do you mean this mean:

remy_0-1656575107914.png

Browsing : Sketch > References ? 
Menus from Wildfire 4

JD_9876527
4-Participant

No.  Read my reply above.

Sketcher references and the Sketcher Plane orientation are 2 different things (both important).

Appreciate the reply though.

JD_9876527
4-Participant

In your screen capture, the selection "Sketch Setup.." is the function I am referring to.

Hi,

you can reorient the model using standard orientation tool - you can select saved view -OR- orient the model by selecting geometric references.

Martin Hanák

Of course, but I would have to do that every time I edit that sketch.

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Thank you

Top Tags