cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Sketch considered "Used" by Used sketch Tree Filter despite no longer being used by a feature

EM_9391918
5-Regular Member

Sketch considered "Used" by Used sketch Tree Filter despite no longer being used by a feature

I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode7.0.6.0

A sketch is considered used even after the feature that used it is deleted.

I like to disable the Used Sketch option in Tree Filters because I don't like cluttering my tree with unnecessary sketches. If I use a Sketch 1 in an Extrude 1, Sketch 1 appears nested under Extrude 1 and Sketch 1 no longer appears at the top level of the tree. If I then delete Extrude 1, Sketch 1 does not reappear. Not until I re-enable the Used sketch option in Tree Filters.

This does not make sense because Sketch 1 is no longer being used. Why does this happen? What is the purpose of a Used sketch filter if sketches which are no longer used don't show up again? How do I delete a feature and leave the sketch "unused"?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @EM_9391918,

I believe currently it is working to product specification of Creo Parametric 

You may file an enhancement idea for same. 

Regards,

Vipul

LOL, thanks for the laughs, one couldn't make this stuff up.  It makes me wonder whether all PTC employees are trained to say "software works to specification - please file an enhancement idea" as part of their on-boarding process.

But really, how you can say it is working to specification - especially without showing the specification?

Because as the OP pointed out, the attribute "used" would be expected to be removed once the sketch was no longer "used".

It's not like the sketch is a brand new car which, once driven, becomes "used" and so can never again be "brand new"...

Anyway, it's okay to make mistakes, but you should do the right thing and just fix the bugs!

Top Tags