cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sketcher "Point on Extension Line" Constraint

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock

Sketcher "Point on Extension Line" Constraint

During sketching I often run into this constraint and I would like to disable it, the problem is, this one is not in the list of constraints in the options menu. A google search has not been fruitful. 

I do not want the points of a box I am sketching to snap onto other references, I know I can right click to disable it but would prefer to not have to deal with this constraint at all.

Any tips would be appreciated.

constraint.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:M.Shuler)

Holding shift disables creation of all constraints not locked.  💡

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise

Holding shift disables creation of all constraints not locked.  💡

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

This will work for sure.

If there is no way to completely disable this constraint I will mark this as the solution, but it's more of a workaround IMHO.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Try config sketcher_point_on_entity_constr no.

M.Shuler
7-Bedrock
(To:kdirth)

Well this did work, but now I cannot start a line or rectangle on any reference haha.

I see in this config option there is mention of an "Intent Manager." I am going to look into what this is a bit more, maybe the answer is there.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

You might want to play around with sketcher_snap_sensitivity.  Affects the sensitivity of all intent manager constraints.

Top Tags