Did you mean: 

Smooth radius corner

T_F
Moonstone
Moonstone

Smooth radius corner

I need to draw a surface like this:

T_F_0-1578563568144.png

And i can't find a proper way of how to do it. Any help?

Meanwhile, I did post a Idea.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Surface-desing-smooth-radius-corner/idc-p/643498#...

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Smooth radius corner

There is a way in the round command to do "transitions" (see the button I picked with the blue "patch"), where you can simply "intersect" the converging radii or do a spherical corner blend with 4 different dimensions to tweak the resultant "patch" surface.  You might not get exactly what you want, but you should be able to get close.

CORNER_SPHERE.jpg

With that simple geometrie it works, But with all of the surfaces that I have, the result is really awfull...

Bummer.  That's about it unless you want to hand-create a patch, and then create another patch offset on the other side of the thickness of the sheet metal.

Can you give an example of your idea?

In other softwares there is an option inside radius that creates a setback. That's very similar to the surfaces that I present. But the option available in CREO, it creates a sphere in the intersection of the corner, and then a transition, it's not equal . But in these particular condition, it doesn't work.

Not offhand, but you could try making an N-sided surface (search the forum for it, there's a couple threads).  There's config.pro settings you need to make, and the interface is Olde School and kinda difficult, but it can do amazing things.

Why ptc couldn't make the things easier. All of other CAD package, can generate this very easily.

I'm not sure they can, I haven't seen it so I can;t compare.

Annotation 2020-01-13 104752.png

Is this similar to what you want to achieve? I did this with a 45-degree extrude prior to rounding. I'm sure you could get a smoother result by using a revolve or something else to cut the geometry, or even to delete the surfaces and patch it using the n-sided patch (I can never get that one to work, though) or boundary blend or something else.

Not fantastic, the final result is not the same! But anyway, it's a workaround, that takes user a lot of time, other softwares, is only a option in round command. PTC should take a look at this!

Yes, it's probably easier in other software packages. That's often the case. If you want to speed it up a bit in Creo, if this is a thing you do a lot, you could design a Punch tool or make a UDF, with some variable dimensions, to make it easier for your users.

Like i said, not fantastic, and the result not the same.

I agree, if the geometry HAS to be specific, do it with surfaces once on a tool, and it's done forever.

Announcements