cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Snap Datum Feature Symbol to Snap Line

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Snap Datum Feature Symbol to Snap Line

Hello,

In Creo 3, I could snap a datum feature symbol to a snap line in a drawing.  How is this now done in Creo 5?  I'm assuming much more simply. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
llie
16-Pearl
(To:wbottis)

This is taken right from PTC Update to Creo 5.0 from 3.0 course:

GD&T datums, now called Datum Feature Symbols (DFS), are no longer created from, nor dependent on, Creo Datum features (planes, axes, points) 

Datum Feature Symbols in Creo 5 are created by selecting one of the following:

• Model Geometry
  • Existing Feature Control Frame
  • Dimension
  • Dimensions Witness Line 
wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:llie)

GD&T datums, now called Datum Feature Symbols (DFS), are no longer created from, nor dependent on, Creo Datum features (planes, axes, points) 

A snap line on a drawing does not fall into this category.  It's simply a formatting/legibility/organizational feature on drawings.  Just like a dimension comes from the model and a snap line comes from the drawing, a dimension can be aligned with a snap line on a drawing.  Sounds like they goofed on this, which is fine as long as it's captured and fixed, so I'm capturing it.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:wbottis)

Sorry I miss read your text. You are correct. In Creo 5.0.5.0, DFS do not snap to view snap lines.

Top Tags