cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Snap Line Drawing Issue

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Snap Line Drawing Issue

Hello,

Has anyone ever ran into an issue with not being able to snap objects to snaplines in your drawing?

I've got a case where some of my notes and balloons will snap and others don't.

Perhaps it's a glitch or bug.

I attached a screenshot for clarity.

-Cory

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CR_9888056)

The note/dim/sym/etc. needs to be assigned to the view in which the offset lines are assigned.

It appears you have multiple views with one set of offset lines.  Symbol "4" is on the view snap lines are created, the others are on a different view and will not connect to the same offset lines,

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise

The note/dim/sym/etc. needs to be assigned to the view in which the offset lines are assigned.

It appears you have multiple views with one set of offset lines.  Symbol "4" is on the view snap lines are created, the others are on a different view and will not connect to the same offset lines,

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thanks kdirth! That did the job. I didn't think about the Snap-Line relationships to the views.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Snap lines are great...until they don't work.  Some items will never snap to them, and some snap to them sometimes, and not others.

One enhancement I would like to see is preventing dims in one view from snapping to snap lines in OTHER views, or other portions of views.  IMO, you should be able to drag the length of the snap line and have ONLY the dims in that view ONLY snap to the visible length of the snap line.  As it is, it seems like the power of snap lines extends to infinity.  But I digress...

Top Tags