cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Snap Lines not moving with Drawing

Garrett317
8-Gravel

Snap Lines not moving with Drawing

After I add a snap line and apply a construction line or reference line to the snapped portion, sometimes I need to drag the part drawing to a different spot on the template, however, when I do move the drawing, the snapped reference/construction line stays. Is there a way to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't understand what you are saying you do. I use snap lines around drawing views all the time to space out dimensions evenly. You seem to be implying that you can snap sketched geometry to the snap lines, but I don't see that behavior. I can't create a line that is "snapped" to the snap lines, and I can't create a line and then move it to be associated with the snap lines.

The only way I know of that you can ensure sketched geometry in a drawing moves about and scales with your views is to select it, then use the right mouse button to "relate to view".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't understand what you are saying you do. I use snap lines around drawing views all the time to space out dimensions evenly. You seem to be implying that you can snap sketched geometry to the snap lines, but I don't see that behavior. I can't create a line that is "snapped" to the snap lines, and I can't create a line and then move it to be associated with the snap lines.

The only way I know of that you can ensure sketched geometry in a drawing moves about and scales with your views is to select it, then use the right mouse button to "relate to view".

Relate to View worked! Thank you.

Top Tags