cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Snap line regeneration warning

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Snap line regeneration warning

I see the following message all the time, and find it the diametric opposite of helpful:

"Highlighted snap line(s) cannot be regenerated."

Yes, I do have snap lines on my views, but there is nothing whatsoever highlighted, and I can't figure what lines it refers to. It's not preventing me from doing anything, but I find this type of thing annoying. I don't like having warning messages spewed out when I open drawings. Is there any way to find out just what these vague messages are trying to tell me? Once upon a time, the snap lines that became disconnected or otherwise ambiguous would be shown in a different color, weren't they?

This same question was asked in 2010 (see below) and received no answers, perhaps I'll be lucky this time.

Ref: "highlighted snap lines can not be regenerated"

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:KenFarley)

I would suggest looking at the system colors to see if the highlight color may be too close to the original color to be easily noticed.  I have made changes to the system colors on my computer to ensure there is enough contrast in the highlights, selections, etc.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:kdirth)

I had some that I purposely made unable to regenerate and they turn red (default is dark grey), so it's not that. I wish it were. I'm thinking it's just that it can't regenerate them at all, can't even represent them on screen, but still gives the warning, or maybe it's making some zero length for whatever reason.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Try looking at the drawing tree.  While in the Annotate tab, you should be able to see the snap lines in the tree.  Hopefully they will be marked.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Change your selection filter to "Snap Line", then zoom out and window select everything.  If no snap line is obvious, try zooming in to the bottom left corner, right near the origin.  Sometimes nearly zero-length lines will end up there.

Top Tags