cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Solidify Quilt

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Solidify Quilt

Hi,

I would like a SOLID model of attached IGES. It comes in as a quilt.

Need to apply a weight.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Or if you can do it simply enough that would be awesome.

I am helping a colleague.

Need in CREO 6.0. Or perhaps redone as an import in solid form.

Much Thanks!

WayneF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

Here is a model that has been fixed and solidified. I've attached a STEP file.

To fix the quilt, I used the repair tool in data doctor. This method doesn't always work but for messed up threads, it's usually the first thing I try. Another way to fix this would have been to remove the threads altogether or patch the quilt manually.

Ty

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, 

Here is a model that has been fixed and solidified. I've attached a STEP file.

To fix the quilt, I used the repair tool in data doctor. This method doesn't always work but for messed up threads, it's usually the first thing I try. Another way to fix this would have been to remove the threads altogether or patch the quilt manually.

Ty

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:Tdaugherty)

Td

I owe you my brother!

I am going to send what you sent me to my colleague. I tried, it worked. Cool Beans! 1000 thanks!

I will also try the Data Doctor. I should really spend more time with that than I have.

Have a great day!

Wayne

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Td,

Would you please provide the specific steps you took to get the part to be a solid? Apparently my colleague has more files like this.

Thanks!

Wayne

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

Never mind. It was simple. Just edit import and click on solid button instead of surface button. Cool! Tx again.

@wfalco 

Here is a video that shows how to solidify the part using the repair tool in IDD. Like I said, this doesn't always work for all types of geometry. Sometimes manually editing is necessary. 

Ty

wfalco
15-Moonstone

awesome sauce! I get ya...as far as no guarantees. Thanks.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:wfalco)

My colleague was very impressed and appreciative of your kind offerings today! Thank you so much!

Top Tags