cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Solution: Thicken feature won't adjust.

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

Solution: Thicken feature won't adjust.

Well, the solution seems to be just as strange as the problem. The problem seems to be related to accuracy, even though the part has always been absolute accuracy and has always been the same value. There is an external copy feature that could be part of the problem, but again that external part is also absolute accuracy and is the exact same value as this part (in an effort to avoid such accuracy issues).

What I did was to change the part back to relative accuracy, which allowed smaller values for thickness. I had to adjust the accuracy value down to allow the thickness I wanted. Then when it regenerated properly, I changed the accuracy back to absolute and to the value it was previously. Now it's fine, though I still get the same error message if I try to edit the thickness.

Good responses from the group, though none of them fixed the issue. Original message below, with responses and my comments following that.

- Jeff

>----- 15 -----
>From: Jeff Sampson <">mailto:->
>Subject: Thicken feature won't adjust.
>
>Okay guru's, here's a new one on me.
>
>I have a vaccuum formed plastic part that is rather large (4'x2.5') that I originally modeled at .125" thick. Later, we upped it to .200" to try to get a stronger part. Now we want to go back to .125" but when I click on the "thicken" feature and try to change the thickness it tells me "You have entered a value that is out of range" then it gives me a range that starts at .220" and goes up. HUH? I can't even enter the value that it currently is?!?!? How is that possible?
>
>even stranger - I can make it a solid, then shell it out to .125" Can anyone explain this or how to fix the thicken feature? Part is in absolute accuracy and has always been the same value since it's creation.
>
>WF3 M200
>
> - Jeff
>
>
>--
>Jeff Sampson Engineering
>-
>
--
Rather than edit definition on the feature, simply edit the feature so you can see the dimensions on screen. Double click the thickness value and enter whatever thickness you would like to try.
<same problem=" whether=" i=" used=" 'edit'=" or=" 'edit=" definition'=">
--
While I've never seen that pa...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags