cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Some parameters of a hole feature are no longer accessible in PTC Creo 9.0.3.0

JB_87049
15-Moonstone

Some parameters of a hole feature are no longer accessible in PTC Creo 9.0.3.0

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a custom note for the MBD annotation of a tapped hole pattern.
The note contains the following text

4X &SCREW_SIZE:FID_374 &THREAD_SERIES:FID_374 - &CLASS:FID_374 &Thread_Length:FID_374

where FID_374 is indicating the hole with feature id 374.
It is my intention to replace 4X with something like &HOLE_INSTANCE_COUNT.

My problem is that the parameters THREAD_LENGTH and THREAD_DEPTH no longer seem to be available in PTC Creo 9.0.3.0 (although they are mentioned in the manuals).
The hole pattern feature has apparently no parameters. So how do I access the parameter &HOLE_INSTANCE_COUNT?

If I take a look at the original note

&METRIC_SIZE &THREAD_SERIES - &THREAD_CLASS &STD_HOLE_TYPE &VAR&_THREAD &THREAD_DEPTH
&NUMBER_SIZE DRILL ( &DIAMETER ) &VAR_DEPTH &DRILL_DEPTH &HOLE_INSTANCE_SPACE&HOLE_INSTANCE_HYPHEN_SYMBOL&HOLE_INSTANCE_LEFT_BRACKET&HOLE_INSTANCE_SPACE&HOLE_INSTANCE_COUNT&HOLE_INSTANCE_SPACE&HOLE_INSTANCE_RIGHT_BRACKET&HOLE_INSTANCE_SPACE&HOLE_INSTANCE_LABEL

Where do these parameters then come from?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JB_87049
15-Moonstone
(To:JB_87049)

I found the answer to my question in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpzO3HqrbO4

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JB_87049
15-Moonstone

After doing some further tests, it seems that &THREAD_DEPTH and &THREAD_LENGTH are only available when a blind depth value is entered. If the option through thread is chosen then the parameters disappear from the list.

JB_87049
15-Moonstone

I found the answer to my question in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpzO3HqrbO4

This support page also gives some info

Top Tags