cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Stop switching Working Directory when saving a Backup

Daniel
12-Amethyst

Stop switching Working Directory when saving a Backup

Hello everyone

Is there a way to tell Creo to stop messing around with the Working Directory when saving something as a Backup?
That Creo switches the Working Directory in general is the smaller problem, the big issue is that it changes the File-location of the components that are in session, so you have to erase the entire session or you might mess up your assembly. (Where is the logic? If I save a backup I want to have a backup and not a new Working Directory!)

I know the issue has been around for quite a while, but I only found people complaining about it, and no one who had a solution.

(Maybe I'm just blind)

Regards Daniel

2 REPLIES 2

@Daniel wrote:

Hello everyone

Is there a way to tell Creo to stop messing around with the Working Directory when saving something as a Backup?
That Creo switches the Working Directory in general is the smaller problem, the big issue is that it changes the File-location of the components that are in session, so you have to erase the entire session or you might mess up your assembly. (Where is the logic? If I save a backup I want to have a backup and not a new Working Directory!)

I know the issue has been around for quite a while, but I only found people complaining about it, and no one who had a solution.

(Maybe I'm just blind)

Regards Daniel

Hi,

it does not make any sense to discuss backup command behavior. According to PTC terminology, it works as expected.

Martin Hanák

The “as expected” is most interesting part behind the original question.

Dave

Top Tags