cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Stuck typing symbols in drawing

draitzyk
1-Newbie

Stuck typing symbols in drawing

So I am trying to name a 2-D section for one of my drawings on Creo 3.0 and out of nowhere I can only type symbols, but if I hold the shift key I can type upper case letters but when I try to save the section as "A" it says illegal characters entered. Also, instead of a one line blinking cursor when typing it is a thick black box. I have tried creating a new drawing but it does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:draitzyk)

Sounds like you hit CTRL+A combination; that will switch to input the "special symbols".  For example, CTRL+A, then small case 'n' will put in the diameter symbol (Ø).

To exit this mode, you press CTRL+B (but it seems ESC key will also work).  At least this is how it is working in Creo 2.0.

On a related note: once, I got into an input mode where characters were being typed in from right to left.  Does anyone have an idea what key combination I pressed to get into such mess?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

Confirming the original issue was about Ctrl-A where Shift-A was intended.

On the related note:  I don't know how exactly you got there, but where you got was having specified the input language as Hebrew.  Hope that helps!

Never knew about this!  Is there a complete reference of all the keystrokes somewhere?

Look through this thread:

Tips for text

Here is another one:

PROE_(ctrl+a)_text-symbols.PNG

Note: it is actually required to use lower case letters - i.e. to insert the "to depth" symbol use: CTR+A + "x" + CTRL+B

Top Tags