cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Subassembly reps in an Assembly

ktenhaken
3-Visitor

Subassembly reps in an Assembly

I am still getting to know creo and I would like to have multiple variations of a subassembly which I can switch back and forth in the assembly.  I have created different reps in the subassembly.  Is there a way to toggle in between the reps in the assembly? 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

You need to create simplified reps in the using assembly where one of the options is to substitute sub-assembly reps.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ktenhaken)

Just a word of warning about using simplified reps for product variations, if this is what you mean.

Simplified reps is mostly about assembly (or part) simplification for system performance reasons. You can use it for product variations but that can quickly become unmanageable if you and other users aren't extremely diligent.

I second Stephen's warning against using simp reps for managing product configs/variations.  At the last organization I worked at they managed their models in this way and I was the one managing (doing maintenance) on it.

It is very doable when you have a small number of configs, but when you're dealing with hundreds of subassemblies being worked on by dozens of people it can get out of hand.  It requires one unfortunate soul to update and maintain all these simplified reps or your designers to always exercise due diligence.

Top Tags