cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary: Converting assembly units

c_ochitwa
1-Newbie

Summary: Converting assembly units

Thanks for all of the responses. The best solution was to change the assembly units, then select Aplications->Mechanica and it will ask you to convert all units to the assembly units. The only drawback is that family table instances will not convert, and the generics will need to be converted individually. I may try the Spekan batch found here: http://www.spekan.com/innotiv/index.php?mnu=dwnl&sub=batch. It should help me to quickly convert the generics, but I haven't tried it yet.

Once again, thanks for all of the responses.

Original Question:

Hello all. I am wondering if there is any way to convert the units of an assembly from one system to another and have the all of the parts units change as well. Any time I use setup->units to change the assembly units then open one of the parts in the assembly, its units are still in the original system.

Cory Ochitwa
Yorkton, Saskatchewan
cochitwa@sasktel.net

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements