cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Symmetric Pattern Issue

ptc-1868133
1-Newbie

Symmetric Pattern Issue

I am trying to create a pattern of parts based on a part located at the center. I want 5 total parts, the center part and 2 on each side. I have been creating a direction pattern with 3 parts going opposite directions. When I first create the pattern, I get 9 total parts due to overlapping. I am able to select the dots on the center 3 parts and cut the number down to 6. I can not seem to find a way to get rid of the last extra part in the middle.

Any suggestions?

Tim

WF3.0 M180

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hey Tim,

It looks like you are trying to "turn off" the pattern parent feature. Not possible as far as I know.Plus I think this might be an invalid/unstable thing you are trying to do.

I think you will have better luck creating the pattern with your first featureoffest from thecenterline (2x offthe centerline) instead of placing the parent feature that on the centerline.

Dean

Hi Tim,
Have to cast my mind back to pre WF4.

I think I would approach this with relations. I would make the first item off centre, say the left most item, then pattern it with five items. Then I would view the dimensions and write a couple of simple relations to ensure that no matter what the pitch or number of parts I would have the centre one laying on the centreline (or equi spaced if and even number).

Hope this helps.

If you can get to WF4 then you have more pattern options and filling a sketched area might work for you.

Of course WF5 has more again.

Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093

Tim Jabaay wrote:Note: Due to the attachment size(s), links to download the attachment(s) for this email have been provided at the bottom.
I am trying to create a pattern of parts based on a part located at the center. I want 5 total parts, the center part and 2 on each side. I have been creating a direction pattern with 3 parts going opposite directions. When I first create the pattern, I get 9 total parts due to overlapping. I am able to select the dots on the center 3 parts and cut the number down to 6. I can not seem to find a way to get rid of the last extra part in the middle.
Any suggestions?
Tim
WF3.0 M180

Attachment Links: pattern.bmp (3932 k)
Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post via email Manage your subscription

Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
Top Tags