cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

System Colors, what am I doing wrong?

erine
12-Amethyst

System Colors, what am I doing wrong?

.pro and.scl are both in my Creo Parametric "start in" location.

config editor "show" field is pointing the right .pro file.

system_colors_file option is pointing to the .scl file that I want.

Every time I exit and reopen Creo, my color settings are default and i have to manually choose my .scl file.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Creo 4.0 / M060
9 REPLIES 9
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:erine)

After starting Creo, check config option system_colors_file is pointing to correct system color file. Check from Configuration editor. 

after closing Creo and reopening, config editor shows that system_colors_file reverts to "$SERVER\global\color_files\syscol.scl"

Is there another option overriding this?  There are no .sup lock icon's for any options in my .pro.

Creo 4.0 / M060
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Not really an other option. Just try using one option in config.pro and skip .sup to make sure that it is not getting conflicted by other options. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

what is inside your config.pro ? Is it following option ?

system_colors_file $SERVER\global\color_files\syscol.scl

Maybe $SERVER entry does not work. Try using absolute path without variables.

Martin Hanák
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

This is the color file line in my config.pro:

colorfile.PNG

This is very specific.  Note that there are no spaces in the path.

If you want to know that your proper config.pro file was poled, use Creo to open a command prompt and type "type config.pro" and enter.  This should print out on the screen the config.pro file you expected to see.

I have had issues with desktop shortcuts getting tangled up (copy/paste the shortcut).  I would edit or rename one and the other would actually be active.  Strange but if you know about it, you can chase it down.  This caused default start locations rather than the location I thought it should go to.

bsurve-2
4-Participant
(To:TomD.inPDX)

My configmine points at the correct location. but when Creo reads it it shows up like

in Config editor, so i have to reload it every time.

What must be going wrong here?

😞

bsurve-2
4-Participant
(To:bsurve-2)

here is the file

Hi,

I think that your config.pro file uses UTF-8 coding. Save it ANSI coding and test it.

config.png

Martin Hanák
bsurve-2
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Spot on...

Thank you so much Martin.

I never thought it would make a difference but glad it worked.

🙂

Regards

Bhushan Surve.

Top Tags