cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Table Reporting Creo Harness Assemblies

edemilla
4-Participant

Table Reporting Creo Harness Assemblies

Hello,

I am trying to report line items within my BOM tables for harnesses and am having issues. I have been using creo schematics to generate logical data and then exporting an XML into Creo Parametric. Within Schematics, I am using a terminators table to specify contacts, wire seal, etc. This information associated with each port exports fine within the XML and I am able to call the contact wire seal data fine for a specific port using

&asm.mbr.connprm.pin.signal.user_defined. I would like to include in my BOM the qty of each type of contact and wire seal that I would need in my harness. My understanding is that in order to do this, I would need to import a terminator table into Creo Parametric. I have checked and this requires a .TRM file and then you can use commands

&harn.term.name

&harn.term.qty

&harn.term.user_defined

There isn't great documentation that I could find regarding these tables. I have tried just renaming the .csv terminator file within Creo Schematics to a .trm file but that didnt work. I have also tried exporting an empty .trm file from Creo Parametric and then copying the data from the .CSV file but that also didnt work and gave me an error likely due to the format being incorrect. How can I create this file .trm file and report these quantities?

Thanks!

Eric

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags