cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Table question in drawing mode

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Table question in drawing mode

I have a drawing sheet with an exploded 3D view of an assembly and balloons linking it back to a customized BOM table. I have also created a second general view of the same model that is a left side sectional view, on the same sheet. I want to show the same balloons referencing back to the same table, on both views. In other words 2 balloons per component, one on each view. Anyone know how I can do that?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

You'll prolly have to buy Solidworks. Just kidding. I have no idea, but I couldn't control myself.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:WillyC)

Well, using Wildfire means I could probably make the transition pretty easily.

This is not a pretty solution, but you could place another table outside the border and put a repeat region on that one to balloon from it as well. You must make sure that both tables match each other or your find numbers will be wrong. The only other way to multi balloon a part is if that part is used more than once in the assembly. Oh and watch out for those big assemblies in SolidWorks. Regards Eric
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:eric.mills)

I found a work around whereby I create a ref balloon, then set the dtl option "reference_bom_balloon_text" to " ". The the word Ref doesn't appear below the balloon. It's a dumb way to do it though.

See this post. It might help: http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5038
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:Darrell)

"Darrell McAlister" wrote:

See this post. It might help: http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5038

That is a parametric balloon symbol. You can use custom balloons that are tied to the repeat region.

sounds long winded, you can switch it off under the bom balloon tab in table properties. this might be a new feature maybe.

Cheers

Nick

Top Tags