cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Tabulated drawing and negative dimensions...

pdkoren
1-Newbie

Tabulated drawing and negative dimensions...

I have a model that establishes a point offset from a coordinate system. These dimensions areset up in a family table. Ther drawing for thesehas a table for the offset dimensions. Unfortunately, one of the dimensions ends up being negative due to theorientation of the coordinate system. Icould redefine the coordinate system to make all dimensions positive, but that would mean swapping values around (x wouldbe y, y would z, and z would bex...). I am wondering IS there a simpler way around this? IS there some"coding" I can use in the table toeliminate the "-" sign on the dimension? I know I could just type the value,like "12.7" asopposed to useing the "&d356", but I would rather keep the relation IF I can.

Note that when I entered the dimension that is negative into the family table, it popped up a warning that this"could" possible switch back and forth, and gave me several options to "fix" this.I selected the one to NOT flop the direction and it seemed to place a "$"at the column header, so it reads $d356. Tried that in the table and it didn't work...

thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:pdkoren)

You could make a parameter equal to the absolute value of the dimension and show that.

PTC quality philosophy: We've upped our quality standards. Up yours.

Top Tags