cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Text wrapped around a toroid (tire)

Mark_Ganzer
10-Marble

Text wrapped around a toroid (tire)

Trying to wrap text around a toroid (tire) shape. Not conventional text like on a sidewall, but wrapped around as you'd wrap shipping paper around a tire. I've included and image of a similar thing done in SW. Must be a way in Creo, but I'm having to luck with spinal bends or wraps. Appreciate any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

THAT'S something I haven't seen.  In the Solidworks jpg, it's not even a toroid, it's not a "developable" surface in any way, making that much more difficult.  You can't develop a toroid either, but this is even more difficult.  This must be a new software feature.

Do you have access to the model or even know where the model is?

You should be able to do what it seems you want with a toroidial bend or spinal bend.  Impossible to tell exactly what you want without a picture of some sort.

That looks like a wrap on a doubly curved surface, which Creo unfortunately can't do. It's going to be a challenge to do it in Creo. I'd try copying the surfaces, if necessary cutting open the quilt with a Trim command, then do a Flatten Quilt, add the text, use Designated Surface to make the text into a surface, then morph the text with Flatten Quilt Deformation. Then Thicken.

EDIT: Just tried it on a test model. Worked like a charm until the Flatten Quilt Deformation, which just gave me a feature failure. Creo's maths couldn't handle it, I guess. 😕

Top Tags