cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

The positions of the explode bubbles change if the size of the view changes.

bmancini
13-Aquamarine

The positions of the explode bubbles change if the size of the view changes.

Hi,
i have a problem with explosion bubbles in the drw. I present a simplified example.
I place all the bubbles as I want (see Picture 1), but then if I move some component that changes the size of the view, the bubbles move automatically (Picture 2).

bmancini_1-1628514520286.png

bmancini_2-1628514627652.png

I don't want to pin every bubble to an intersection of snap lines.
I have done several searches in the Creo documentation but have not found anything that could help me.
I would like to avoid trying to solve it with yet another botched management, for example I could define a sketch curve in the assembly with dimensions much greater than the space occupied by the components.
So, I'm here asking for help hoping for a brighter solution.

Do you have the same problem?
How did you solve / manage it?
Thank you.
P.S. i use Creo 2.0 M250 and Creo 8.0

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:bmancini)

Same issue in Creo 4.0 m130.  I just live with it.  They have to anchor the location of the annotations to something and it appears that they have chosen the center of the view for this.  I think a better place would be to attach it to the part, but I am sure there are several complications to that such as where on the part to attach it (attachment point, center of part, origin...) and it would still not be ideal for every situation.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Does your not wanting to use snap lines include the ones that are created as "Offset Object"? I use those a lot for particularly crowded drawings, and I think they tend to move to maintain their position with respect to the object they are offset from. For the situation you've depicted you might create a snap line offset from each cylinder and position only the balloon attached to the cylinder to its specific snap line. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding or suggesting exactly what you don't want.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:bmancini)

As Ken said, use snap lines referencing geometry instead of the view.

Top Tags