cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

The transaction log for the wtuser database gets filled

IS_10145435
1-Newbie

The transaction log for the wtuser database gets filled

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.6.0

We are getting the transaction log for the wtuser database filled up error.

This morning I tried to shrink the log file, and it helped for 5 minutes. Then I truncated the logs and it helped for a short period of time again. But it gets filled up pretty quickly and users can't use the app anymore.

A user's report:

I open PTC Creo, then click "Workspace" on the left. Then type in the search bar next to the "Quick Links" drop down menu. I search for "model*" to try and access our assembly. It then says:

An unexpected error has occurred while performing search. Please contact system administrator.

And that's when I click OK I get Windchill error.

Exception: wt.util.WTRuntimeException: A persistence error occurred. Nested exception is: A persistence error occurred

Here are the errors that I faced
MSSQLServer Event 9002: The transaction log for database 'wtuser11' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'.

2 REPLIES 2

The provided links does not solve the issue. 

We could not find what caused the transaction log to fill up to its capacity so fast. Like in 5 or 10 minutes, when it would never do it before. 

We just switched to Simple backup mode for now. Will come back to this problem later.

Top Tags