cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

The wires are all gray, but model appears in color

wulicki
1-Newbie

The wires are all gray, but model appears in color

I'm working through the INTRO TO CREO BASIC CABLING PROCESS (Creo3) tutorial.   The colors on the solid model parts appear as normal, however the wires (which should be colored) all appear as gray.  The wire colors are all set properly in the wire table.  What setting do I need to change to get the wires to display in color?

Thx

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:wulicki)

The general model color control is, I think, Show Surface Texture(Color?) from Model; something like that. It's in the Options/Preferences group of controls - Model Display tab seems right.

If it is on, then the assigned colors and applied textures show; if not, everything is gray.

Kevin
10-Marble

What about the appearance manager? If the color name in the matches the name in the appearance manager it should work, although I haven't worked with Creo 3 yet.

You have to have the wire spool colors match the colors in you Appearance manager. It gets tricky when you have striped wires and such what I have done is create a custom appearance list with all possible wire colors per our spool library. This in turn is pushed out with Pro E launch. Also if you create the colors it wont apply to existing in session harness you need the color map in session then bring the harness in session. The part that really upsets me is there is no way to show a striped wire as Pro only allows solid wire colors.

As Randy said, there is a COLOR property that you need to set in your spool.  I set mine to BLK-RED (for ex.)  then in the APPEARANCES I created a new color named BLK-RED. Made it BLACK with a RED Glow.  not great but it helps a little.  Then if you regenerate the harness it should change to the that color.

hcihat
1-Newbie

Hello Ulicki

Spool color's parameters and white name and key parameters must be same.

Top Tags