cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Thickness line in Creo7 Sketch

Fabio_Ugoletti
6-Contributor

Thickness line in Creo7 Sketch

Hi, I'm Fabio and I'm using Creo 7. I have a question about line thickness in Sketch mode. For example when I create a new part and select the sketch mode I notice that when I hover the mouse over the center line, the line changes color to green and the thickness increases a lot or when I draw a circle, for example, and I confirm the size, the circular line turns green and the thickness increases considerably. Is it possible to change the thickness of this green line? I have already changed the SKETCHER_LINE_WIDTH parameter in config.pro but it's not that. I noticed that in Creo 6 this green line is thin and not thick like in Creo 7.

Thanks for any help.

bye

Fabio

5 REPLIES 5

@Fabio_Ugoletti wrote:

Hi, I'm Fabio and I'm using Creo 7. I have a question about line thickness in Sketch mode. For example when I create a new part and select the sketch mode I notice that when I hover the mouse over the center line, the line changes color to green and the thickness increases a lot or when I draw a circle, for example, and I confirm the size, the circular line turns green and the thickness increases considerably. Is it possible to change the thickness of this green line? I have already changed the SKETCHER_LINE_WIDTH parameter in config.pro but it's not that. I noticed that in Creo 6 this green line is thin and not thick like in Creo 7.

Thanks for any help.

bye

Fabio

Hi,

please upload some picture or make a video showing the problem.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Attached are two images showing the difference from creo 6 and creo 7 sketch and that's is want I mean.

Creo6_sketch_tickness.png

Creo7_sketch_tickness.png

 I would like change the thickness line in Creo 7 as in Creo 6. 

Fabio

@Fabio_Ugoletti wrote:

Hi Martin,

Attached are two images showing the difference from creo 6 and creo 7 sketch and that's is want I mean.

Creo6_sketch_tickness.png

Creo7_sketch_tickness.png

 I would like change the thickness line in Creo 7 as in Creo 6. 

Fabio

Hi,

I guess that line with of selected item is hardcoded. To be sure please ask PTC Support.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS320370 contains following text in Visualizing Design Intent in Sketcher Is Improved section.

• The visualization of design intent within the sketching environment in Creo
  • Parametric is improved. It is easier to understand the design intent of constraints, dimensions, references, and their respective relationships. Improvements include the following:
    • Modernized appearance of constraint icons:
      • Constraint icons are redesigned for easier recognition through improved contrast. Coincident and alignment constraints are easier to differentiate. Where applicable, their orientation adapts according to the position of related geometry in 3D space.
      • The icon color scheme is adjusted according to the setting in system colors.
      • Customize the icon size and the background and line colors of constraint icons by clicking File ▶ Options ▶ Entity Display ▶ Constraint display settings. The file is saved in the file of creo_parametric_customization.ui
    • When a dimension or constraint are selected, the sketch references are highlighted.
    • Highlighting of sketch entities is clearer, making it easier to see preselected or selected sketched geometry.
    • The default line thickness is increased to 1.5.
    • You can set line thickness with the configuration option sketcher_line_width.

Martin Hanák

Hi, 

I suspec it is a harcoded.

I tryed to change the sketcher_line_width from 1.5 to 1, for example, but doesn't change.

I will ask for a confirmation from ptc support as you suggest, but I think it is not possible to change without change a program line code.

I prefer the Highlighting thickness in Creo 6, sincerly. 

thank' s for your help

Fabio

@Fabio_Ugoletti Hello Fabio,
I just switched from Creo 2.0 to Creo 8.0 and I also found the graphical aspect of the sketch environment not good.
From the config I was able to report it as Creo 2.0, see:
sketcher_line_width 1
sketch_thick_dim_line_highlight yes
sketcher_pre_creo4_constraints yes
But it is not possible to reduce the thickness of the highlights. See my request:
https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Change-the-thickness-of-the-highlighted-sketch-lines/m-p/752010#M121076.
Not being able to do it I made a request as a future idea, see this link, if you like it I ask you to rate it!
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Add-a-config-option-to-come-back-to-the-highlighting-with-thin/idi-p/751985
Thanks

Top Tags