cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Today's Pro annoyance - Datum Curve tangencies

jeffsampson
1-Newbie

Today's Pro annoyance - Datum Curve tangencies

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}Hey all,
I run into this from time to time, and it causes much frustration. I have a datum curve, through points, with tangency condition of "Tangent to surf, Normal to edge" on the ends. Then the feature later fails due to a lost reference for one of the normal edges. Then you are stuck. You can't reroute because Pro doesn't give you the option to reroute the normal edge, only the tangent surface. You can't redefine because the pop-up definition menu won't let you redefine the tangency until the points are defined, and won't let you redefine the points either because of some inexplicable error. You are literally stuck in a conundrum. This is WF4 M190, but I've seen this for years and can't figure our why it hasn't been fixed.
Have any of you run into this and come up with a fix (other than deleting the feature and creating a new one, having to reroute all children)?
The best I've come up with is to undo changes, go back to the curve and redefine withOUT the 'normal to edge' option, then make my change and go back and redefine the curve once again to re-add the 'normal to edge'. If the non-tangency condition causes children to fail, you have to clip-suppress and resume after you re-apply the tangency. What a pain!
Thanks.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags