cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Tolerance text height the same as dimension text height in 3D annotation

MZ_9604297
3-Visitor

Tolerance text height the same as dimension text height in 3D annotation

When I created 3D dimensional marking in the Annotate module, the tolerance text height was the same as dimension text height. Usually, the tolerance text height factor should be 0.6, which means the tolerance text height is 0.6 times of dimension text height. I have set tolerance_standard from "ansi" to "iso", but the tolerance text height was still unchanged. Is there anyone knows how to change the tolerance text height in 3D annotate? Your help will be much appreciated!

MZ_9604297_0-1703144439254.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tol_text_height_factor

tol_text_width_factor

The above two parameter could be modified in 2D drawing set up, but they're not in the 3D. I agree that they're related to text height adjustment, but they're invalid in the 3D mode.

I don't think so.  The above settings exist as detail options for the 3D model:

pausob_0-1704185591240.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MZ_9604297)

From another post:

Tolerance display is driven by following drawing configuration options, their default value is STANDARD

tol_text_height_factor

tol_text_width_factor

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/How-can-I-change-font-size-for-tolerance/m-p/104548

Also from the thread:

If it is specific to model from old releases, did you try 'update_drawing all'?

You're also welcome to file an SPR and I'll look at why the two dimensions behave differently.

Thank you for answering the question I posted!

After several trials, I think the problem comes from the different versions of drawing template. 

I have tried to update drawing by adjusting the dimension class from ANSI to ISO, the text height of tolerance still keeps the same as that of dimension, But while I created a new part with new company template lauched, the text height of tolerance changed, I couldn't find which parameter in the company template related to this change. I assumed it was specified in the config.pro file, there're more than 800 rows in the file. And from the search of relavant index "text height", I didn't find out anything suspicious in the configuration.

tol_text_height_factor

tol_text_width_factor

The above two parameter could be modified in 2D drawing set up, but they're not in the 3D. I agree that they're related to text height adjustment, but they're invalid in the 3D mode.

tol_text_height_factor

tol_text_width_factor

I don't think so.  The above settings exist as detail options for the 3D model:

pausob_0-1704185591240.png

Good spotting! That's the exact solution, appreciate your help so much! Before, I just tried to modify the set-up in the  "File-Options-Configuration", but I didn't find the parameters related to text height. Sorry, I missed them before.

Top Tags