cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Tool for copy autocad sketch to creo 2 sketcher?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

Tool for copy autocad sketch to creo 2 sketcher?

Dear Everyone,

Anybody know how to copy a sketch from autocad drawing to creo sketcher ,because some of sketches are standard and i want to copy it from autocad to creo and then directly extrude it.

Manish

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
ghill
3-Visitor
(To:mgupta-4)

I don't know if this is the best way, but I've saved AutoCad files off as dxf files and then brought them into Pro_E/5.0 in the sketcher mode. I've also taken Pro E files into AutoCad as blocks. AutoCad 2012 and new have import and export modes that will probalble let you export files in other formats that may work in ProE. I'm using Creo 2.0 now but I haven't tried bringing an AutoCad file in lately.

SteveFowler
4-Participant
(To:mgupta-4)

In Pro/5 I bring in acad drawings into part mode by insert shared data, This way nothing distorts or changes unexpectedly. Then you can go into sketcher and referances the edges you want to extrude.

Hope this helps.

As a matter of fact, this is a good idea,i strongly support it

Clicket sketch, when sketcher environment activated, click on file system, set the type to all files and select your *.dwg file.

Dear Jayant ji ,

I found it working but it only called the lines and circles not the text that the most important thing for a company logo ,it almost standard and it will take much time to redraw it , i have a company logo in exploded form ,now i want to call it to make visible in the name plate model .

Manish

Dear Mr. Manish,

I Think You might want to have the logo on the drawing template not in the sketcher? If so then try to insert the logo in the drawing in picture format otherwise the hatch will come in exploded form.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

Top Tags