cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Trail zeros on metric thread notes

vincecatlin
10-Marble

Trail zeros on metric thread notes

The note for a cosmetic metric thread (in our Creo5) look goofy when they specify an M16.000 thread with a 0.500 pitch. I have had no success with the various "LEAD TRAIL ZEROS" detail options.

These notes don't seem to have the same functionality as our regular hole notes (for which we have created our own versions)

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

vincecatlin_0-1645573946572.png

Thanks,

Vince

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I assume you worked out that the code is

M&MAJOR_DIAMETER:FID_355[.0] ...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:vincecatlin)

Change the lead_trail_zeros_scope to all.

TomU_0-1645575178135.png

TomU_1-1645575199239.png

TomU_2-1645575236305.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Sorry, that's not going to help if you're talking about cosmetic threads.  These don't have pre-built notes, so whatever note you're seeing is something you or your company has constructed on your own.  My guess is that these are just displaying the parameters inside the cosmetic thread feature:

TomU_0-1645575770732.png

About all you can do in this situation is edit the note and add the brackets to the end of the parameter indicating how many decimal places you want to display.

&MAJOR_DIAMETER[.1]

One of the first things that I tried was to add the number in brackets after the parameter.

It resulted in this:

vincecatlin_1-1645636420546.png

This is a monumentally silly way to call out a thread. Unless, of course, we're referring to a .375 (inch) thread. But I think it's unlikely that I'll ever need three decimal places to describe a metric thread.

I assume you worked out that the code is

M&MAJOR_DIAMETER:FID_355[.0] ...

Thanks, that works well when properly written.

Problem solved.

Top Tags