cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

USER DEFINED TOOL PARAMETERS

asifcad
12-Amethyst

USER DEFINED TOOL PARAMETERS

HELLO EVERY BODY FISA HERE

I HAVE A LITTLE ISSUE WITH USER DEFINED TOOL PARAMETERS

....I NEED TO ADD SOME CUSTOM PARAMETERS ON MY

TOOLS....BUT CANT ABLE TO DO IT....NEED HEELP REGARDING

ITT..PLEASE CHECK ATTACHMENT FOR DETAILSSS..

THANKS 111.GIF

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:asifcad)

You have probably made an error in the file. It has to be perfect to work.

Check this

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS172317

/Lars

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Yes, its the same info, but the example file is not possible to copy in the help file.

Here is the sample file.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Did one or more of the replies help?

Have you been able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue?

P.S. I realized too late, that this is a very old post, so probably the issue is gone since years - anyway it would be nice to hear back whether and how the issue got resolved

LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:gkoch)

Hi Gunter

I was trying to help one of my customers with the problem that cut data saved with the tool was read wrong when you use auto copy of cut data (parameters) from tool to sequence. This in the case that you have a metric nc model, cut data saved in metric and trying to create a hole tap sequence. In this case the "thread_feed_units" always default to TPI instead of MMPR. And Creo is so smart that it will convert the data from the tool when its read in,from MMPR to TPI. SO to make it work you need to change the paramater to MMPR before you select the tool.

I did give him 2 suggestions:

1: use a site file (did not work he claimed, but I think that he had forgotten to activate it in both places)

2: add THREAD_FEED_UNITS as an extra parameter using the "user defined tool parameter" file.

But instead he recalculated all feeds so they converted correctly to what he needed.

I saw that the discussion was old, but since I came across it when I was looking for info in CS KB, I decided to give an answer for future users of Creo with the same problems. The manual provides guidance about how it works, but since the file example is added in the page as a picture its not possible to copy as a template.

Actually this way of adding info from a user perspective is interesting since this now is searchable/viewable in PTC CS KB. (I wonder if its also indexed.).

/Lars B

Yes, since the threads are now in the knowledge database, it makes sense to add information to them, even if the topic is far from being hot.

And yes, they should be fully indexed, like articles and other documents as well (of course picture content and attached files elude indexing)

Top Tags