cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to click-select a part in assembly

agrajsobti
1-Newbie

Unable to click-select a part in assembly

Version: Creo Parametric 4.0

I am working on an assembly and want to measure the distance of a part surface from a reference. The problem is, when I hover my mouse over the part, it fails to highlight the part surface. No matter what I do, I cannot click on the part or select it to edit definition or measure part features. I can very well select the part from the model tree and edit definitions, but cannot click on the part itself in the model space. I can click-select all the other parts in the assembly in the model space, just not this particular part. Anyone faced this issue before? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No idea what automatic rep means. The geometry was a .prt file and meant fro Creo. It was working just fine before, then one fine day it started acting weird.

I re-downloaded the part from the website and replaced the old part and now it works just fine. Maybe the old part was just corrupted (Don't know how that happened. I was having some issues because I had not saved the parts/assembly directly in the working directory. Maybe that caused a problem?). But very weird behavior by the software.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you using the Automatic Rep?

Is the geometry imported from another CAD system?

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

No idea what automatic rep means. The geometry was a .prt file and meant fro Creo. It was working just fine before, then one fine day it started acting weird.

I re-downloaded the part from the website and replaced the old part and now it works just fine. Maybe the old part was just corrupted (Don't know how that happened. I was having some issues because I had not saved the parts/assembly directly in the working directory. Maybe that caused a problem?). But very weird behavior by the software.

Top Tags