cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Unable to get model dimensions to show in drawing in Creo 3...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Unable to get model dimensions to show in drawing in Creo 3...

I am doing a small top-down design so almost all the geometry at the part level is being driven by a curve in the assembly.  But, to be able to attach model GD&T datums to dims, I've had to create reference dims in the section so I can attach the datums to that via "properties".  This worked fine...except I absolutely cannot show that dim on the dwg no matter what I do.  In fact, I've noticed that sometimes you simply cannot show certain dimensions.  Period.  This isn't the first time I've seen this.

Anyone else seeing this bug?  Any Pro/WORKAROUNDS?

THX!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Had a brainstorm and it actually worked!

Ok, I was trying to make the sketch more robust by using the assembly curve references to dimension to.  That way if I deleted the line, the reference dimension would not fail in the sketch or the dwg.  Obviously, it didn't like that, and even though I checked and that dim was NOT at the assembly level, somehow, directly referencing the assembly like that threw the dimension into a No Man's Land.  So, I "replaced" the dimension at the sketch level to use the line element instead, and all of a sudden now it shows no problem!  Huh?!?!  In fact, a bunch of OTHER completely unrelated dimensions that would not show in the drawing actually show up now!  Man, that's some buggy behavior.  Oh, and another thing I found out:  There is the same or similar issue with "known" dimensions (Kd#).  So, what I did was put in a construction line with a reference dimension, did a coincident constraint to make it the correct length (and thus dimension value), and now it shows in the drawing just fine, and I was able to easily add the GD&T datum to each dimension.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Had a brainstorm and it actually worked!

Ok, I was trying to make the sketch more robust by using the assembly curve references to dimension to.  That way if I deleted the line, the reference dimension would not fail in the sketch or the dwg.  Obviously, it didn't like that, and even though I checked and that dim was NOT at the assembly level, somehow, directly referencing the assembly like that threw the dimension into a No Man's Land.  So, I "replaced" the dimension at the sketch level to use the line element instead, and all of a sudden now it shows no problem!  Huh?!?!  In fact, a bunch of OTHER completely unrelated dimensions that would not show in the drawing actually show up now!  Man, that's some buggy behavior.  Oh, and another thing I found out:  There is the same or similar issue with "known" dimensions (Kd#).  So, what I did was put in a construction line with a reference dimension, did a coincident constraint to make it the correct length (and thus dimension value), and now it shows in the drawing just fine, and I was able to easily add the GD&T datum to each dimension.

Top Tags