cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to rename the Feature(CSYS) in Family table instance other than the Generic.

4-Participant

Unable to rename the Feature(CSYS) in Family table instance other than the Generic.

I can able to create the Family table for a Connector(Generic & Instances). But I am unable to rename the CSYS of instances ?
(Enclosed image for REF.)

9 REPLIES 9
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:1104512)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, you'll need to be more specific.

4-Participant
(To:Patriot_1776)

Generic pattern has CSYS of 1,2,3,4 in first row & 5,6,7,8 in next row. Our required pattern for "2 pin_instance" would be 1 in First row & 2 in Second row. But achieved is 1 in First row & 5 in Second row due to carry forwarded from Generic.Also unable to rename the instance from 5 to 2. (Eg. Required pattern for "4 pin_instance" is 1,2 in row1 & 3, 4 in row2. But achieved is 1,2 in row1 & 5, 6 from row2)

My question is, how to remove the dependency on Instance from Generic to get the required pattern.

Please Let me know, Still if you are not able to understand !!

If I understand you correctly, you can achieve this with a Table Pattern.

PIN_CSO_001.PNG

Here's the 10-pin:

PIN_CSO_10_PINS.PNG

And here's the 4 pin:

PIN_CSO_4_PINS.PNG

@1104512 did my solution work for you?

dmartin
11-Garnet
(To:1104512)

I have a similar problem. When using a Table Pattern, what if I want to name the CSys A, B, C, etc., instead of 1, 2, 3, etc.?

Should work for A,B,C,etc. too

@dmartin 

Creo Alphabet A to H.PNGCreo Alphabet A to D.PNG

I don't want to rename the instances manually. I want the instance names controlled by the Pattern Table. The instance identifications in the table have to be numbers and the names of the coordinate systems have to be renamed one-by-one.

@dmartin wrote:

I want the instance names controlled by the Pattern Table.

As far as I know, that's not possible.

You only need to rename the coordinate systems once (using the largest table). Then you can control where A,B,C,D, etc. will appear.

First left to right, then top to bottom

First bottom to top, then left to right

First top to bottom, then left to right

Top Tags