cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Undo/Redo

CBenner
5-Regular Member

Undo/Redo

Ok, seriously.... this is getting very old. Every other software in the world lets you back up a step or two if you push the wrong button or slip on the mouse. Come on PTC!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
5 REPLIES 5

We have been using WF 4.0 for about 7 months now. It has been pretty great for us, AND it has an UNDO/REDO button the same as most other programs. What version are you using?

Scott, you r right, WF 4.0 is gr8. But what about the case in which I edit a feature, change some dimension and after regeneration any child of that feature fails. in this case we can not use UNDO, the only option we have is UNDO CHANGES with failure diagnostics box. if u have any solution for this case, plz share.
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:AnkurAggarwal)

I am using WF4. There is in fact an UNDO/REDO buttun pair. But they are rarely if ever lit up to be used. The conditions for thier use are very restricted. About the only time they work is during sketching. Example. In drawing mode, make a mistake... click the wrong button or something... no Undo. Whatever you did wrong needs to be redone. Sorry, this is a rant, I know. But it IS rather annoying. In most programs, you can back up several steps and start over if you find you've made an error, or simply don't like the way something is turning out.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:CBenner)

Do you have a setting for the config option general_undo_stack_limit? I seem to remember someone stating that you can run into this problem if the feature commands you want to undo are near the end of the stack limit. The default is 50 but I haven't had much trouble with not being able to undo/redo so I can't say for sure increasing it will work.

I fully agree that the undo/redo functions are not as useful in Pro-E as they are in other programs. It is promising that Pro-E went from no undo/redo in previous versions, to now having the buttons. I think we can all agree that they need to improve the function or availability of using the button before they can brag about it though.
Top Tags