cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Use edge

cjohansson-2
1-Newbie

Use edge

Hi

I have used the "use edge" command in drawing to find an intesection between two model lines.

I just made a change in the part, and when opening the drawing I see the new geometry but the lines from use edge did not update!!

How come?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I cannot even remove it,..

If you haven't gone to far, go can go to an instance before you did this command and then proceed from there without loosing a lot of work.

Claes,

"Use edge" in drawing is to create draft entities referring entities from part and those entities will not be parametric. Hence any modification in part will not update those entities. These entities will be associated to view, when moving the view, entities will move along with that. These entities can delete/remove when you are in sketch tab.

But in dwg you should be able to set the sketcher constraints to "parametric" and use them to sketch. Unfortunately, as soon as you trim something, the entities are no longer parametric. Most times, I'll make a datum curve in the part or assy and show that on the dwg.

Top Tags