cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Used the Z-Radius feature but can't dimension to the center point of the radius?

wrodseth
1-Newbie

Used the Z-Radius feature but can't dimension to the center point of the radius?

I have used the Z-radius for the first time but find that I am unable to select the center of the radius in order to dimension it from an x and y locations?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi William,

Please take a look at the following article for information on how to create a z-radius dimension:

CS54098 - How to create a Z-clipped radius dimension in Creo Elements/Pro Wildfire 5.0 and Creo Parametric 1.0

If you don't have a user name and password for PTC Support, you can create one here.

Thanks,

Amit

Hello Amit,

I know this post is three years old but I have the same problem as William and I don't feel you answer is complete.  The OP's problem as well as mine is the need to dimension the center point of the Z-Radius in X and Y after the Z-radius has been created and placed on the drawing.  The instructions in your link only show us how to create the Z-radius.

Is there more to the instructions or do you of a way to dimension to the center point of the radius in X and Y not just the radius?

It can be done as seen in the attached image with one dimension added and attached to Z-radius center point.  Unfortunately, I did not create this drawing and do not know how to create the other dimension.

Thanks,

Jason

Creo3 M180

Top Tags