cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Variable Section Sweep Parallel to the Ground

mjenkins
5-Regular Member

Variable Section Sweep Parallel to the Ground

Greetings,

I have created a variable section sweep which follows a datum curve and is normal to the trajectory.

The sketch is basically a rectangle. As the rectangle goes up around the curve, it begins to bank like a roller coaster track.

I want the rectangle bottom to always stay parallel to the ground.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable this. My section has a constraint to be horizontal.

The only thing I can think of is to draw several parallel sweeps and connect them with blends.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Michael,

I've attached a couple of images to see if this is what you might be looking for. I hope it helps. The red in the one image is the curve and the second image is the menu in Creo with the options I used.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

-Dave

Hi Michael,
Further to what Dave has shown you the critical bit in it is the "Normal to
projection" option and you select the surface (usually a datum plane) that
you want your sweep to be parallel to. Unfortunately the naming convention
of Normal to projection is not the most user friendly name for this but it
has a sort of strange logic. [my rationale is that the projection plane
projects normal to it and the VSS is normal to that normal].

Regards,

*Brent Drysdale*
*Senior Design Engineer*
Tait Communications
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:mjenkins)

Thanks guys! Selecting Section plane control> Normal To Projection did the trick!

Top Tags