cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Version of Creo File

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Version of Creo File

Hello

I am having Creo 4.0 M030. I would like to know version of CAD file opened in Creo. For example, I have opened a.prt.2 into Creo, how can I come to know that it's 2 version file opened in Creo? On Creo title menu, it just displays a.prt.

Note : Please do not get confuse with config option "save_file_iteration". This is to decide whether to create new version on each save or not for part file. What I need is to know version (.31 or .32 for example ) for an opened part file in Creo.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

try following config.pro option to display full path to model in window title

display_full_object_path yes

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I don't know of a way within Creo but if you look at the .prt file in a text editor, you can tell what Creo release and build code the file was last saved in.

Hi

I am not looking for Creo version and build code. I am expecting Creo CAD file version.

f you go to the Tools tab and select Investigate, File History. In the upper left hand corner it will show model name and Version

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite
(To:jbob)

Perfect. This is what I need to know for a CAD file.Thanks a lot.

I am wondering why this version (.32 or .33) is not displayed on Creo title bar as abc.prt.32 ? It shows only as abc omitting extension (.prt) and version (.32) details... Earlier I have seen title of Creo model window showing abc.prt.32. Am I missing some config option or setting for this?

Hi,

try following config.pro option to display full path to model in window title

display_full_object_path yes

Martin Hanák

Some other causes are Windows system setting for hiding file extensions of known types, not saving file iterations (config option), manually removing the iteration number, and working in Windchill session.

I have had the config.pro setting Martin mentioned for years, and from the verbiage in the list of options, that's it:

"Controls the display of the object's full file name
(including its object‐type suffix and its version number)
and file path in the window title and Model Info display.
Yes ‐ Displays full file name and file path. No ‐ Displays
object name only."

My header bar always shows me the version, and the state (e.g. WIP).

thank you all for responding on this. Config option was the one which I could not recall.display_full_object_path worked.

Top Tags