cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Vertex on a drawing

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Vertex on a drawing

SometimeS I try and place a table in the lower left hand corner of a drawing. Most of the time I can pick Vertex for placement, and it will snap to it. Other times I pick Vertex and nothing happens and then I have to manually place it using Pick Pnt (versus Vertex). Is there a way that the vertex can be missing on some drawings? If so, can it be added back in.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Vertex never really finds all of what we would consider a vertex. I can't think of specific examples, but I've run across this as well. Also, a drawing will never select a vertex on a format. We use tables for common notices on our drawings. When we add these tables I can't align them to the format boarder because I can't selects the format vertex. What I did was to create my formats so that everything lies on a .125 grid. Then when I place my table I turn on the grid snap and place the table on the grid. This allows me to put my notices tables directly on the boarder, and makes it easy to repeat.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-893484)

I've attached two picture showing:

Vertex-yes-drw - where the drawing format has a vertex that is pickable (the mouse pointer does not show up in the picture, but it's above the bottom line).

Vertex-ne-drw - where the drawing format does not have a vertex that is pickable (again the mouse pointer is absent in the picture but is on the line).

Thanks,

Sorry it took so long to respond.

If you have a vertex then set the grid origin to the vertex. Then set the sketcher preferences to snap to grid. When you select the table the corner you selec it at will snap to the grid.

how can you place or move a table to the corners of the drawing format ?

i can't select any point on the format.

Tolga,

use Abs Coords to place a table.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags