cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Vibration fixture modal analysis

rmarion
2-Guest

Vibration fixture modal analysis

Recently I was tasked with performing some modal analysis runs for vibration fixtures. I have been modeling the parts in Pro|ENGINEER and launching linked sessions of ANSYS Workbench to run the analyses. Some of these vibration fixtures contain multiple components that are held together with socket head cap screws. Since ANSYS Workbench only allows for contact pairs to be 'bonded' in modal analyses, I am not feeling very good about the accuracy of my simulations for these vibration fixtures.

Just out of curiosity, how have you guys been simulating fastener constraints in your modal analyses FEA models? I have beenusing the Extrude-Imprint Faces functionality in Design Modelertobreak upthe planar surfaces of the model--in ordertogenerate surface areas thesame diameter of the flat washers so that I can apply Fixed Support or Displacement constraints to them. Would the use of rigid links in ANSYS Mechanical outside of the Workbench environment be amore realisticoption for simulating fasteners' presencein a vibration fixture?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips pertaining to this type of modal analysis set up.

Ron

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags