cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Visibility "Save Status" greyed out after hidding a part

EB_9668075
2-Guest

Visibility "Save Status" greyed out after hidding a part

I have an issue with Creo Parametric 11 - Once I hide a part, there is no way for me to save the visibility status. Take the following steps as an example:
  1. Open assembly with 2 parts
  2. Hide 1 part
  3. Attempt to save ("save part" works, but "save (visibility) status" is greyed out)
    1. Further info: Once I hide parts, I can see them under the "Hidden items" under the layer tree, yet I still cannot "save status".
  4. Close part (Including erase not displayed, close creo, etc.)
  5. Reopen part. (Once the part is reopened the hidden part is no longer hidden.)
I used to do this on Creo 7 constantly. Has this changed? Is there another way to do this now with the visibility/layer tree status? I do not want to use simplified reps, because I want to hide many parts quickly and then go back to my original view by using a "reset status" mapkey. Simplified reps take too much time (or too many clicks per part rather than hide), especially on large assemblies.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the quick replies! Given that it worked for both of you I dug into the config files and found the culprit: "save_hidden_items_w_status" was set to "no". Turning it to "yes" solved it.

I thought I had searched pretty in depth through there, but I'm glad I finally found it after struggling for so long. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

FYI in Creo 11.0.0.0 I am able to save layer status. Unfortunately I do not have any idea why you cannot do this.

EDIT: I used your test_asm.asm.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:EB_9668075)

I tested on creo 11 on your assy and one of mine and I seems to work as expected on mine.

StephenW_0-1723542784471.png

Thank you for the quick replies! Given that it worked for both of you I dug into the config files and found the culprit: "save_hidden_items_w_status" was set to "no". Turning it to "yes" solved it.

I thought I had searched pretty in depth through there, but I'm glad I finally found it after struggling for so long. Thanks again!

Top Tags