cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

WF2 to Catia - Tolerances

JWayman
1-Newbie

WF2 to Catia - Tolerances

Hello,

I'm not sure I know enough about data exchange to ask the right question, but: Here goes -

I want to send some models to a supplier so they can machine the parts. They use Catia (not sure which version yet) whilst we use WF2. Is it possible (or desirable) to save-as into Catia, or is STEP or IGS better? If we go for Catia, is it possible to communicate tolerance information from the Pro/E model to the Catia model? If not, is there an established way to communicate tolerances out of Pro/E?

I look forward to your advice.

Regards,

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
James62
10-Marble
(To:JWayman)

hi John,

Since Catia is also a solid modeler i recommend you using STEP file for the data exchange while using exporting solid geometry from WF2.

You won't be able to transfer any parametric data like dimensions and tolerances that way. Just the geometry with the accuracy you specify in model properties.

~Jakub

Top Tags