cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Wavy swept blend- unable to smooth out.

jgault
1-Newbie

Wavy swept blend- unable to smooth out.

Hi gang,

I've been having issues with a wavy swept blend and am unable to smooth it out. Creo seems to be creating waves between sections in my swept blend, and the trajectory is straight. Any suggestions or things to try?

Image is attached to show what I'm talking about. If it means anything, the sweep is modeled as one side of the section in line with the trajectory. This side is not wavy- it's the far side of the solid (from the trajectory) that is wavy.

Thanks!
James

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
jgault
1-Newbie
(To:jgault)

Here's an example of the waves between the sections.

wavy between sections.JPG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

That's unfortunately a really cool effect!!!

kdirth
20-Turquoise

A model file would help us to determine the cause.  There are several variables that can be set when making a sweep.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
DeanLong
10-Marble

Jaime,

You may have too many sections in the swept blend. Remember, your goal is always to create the most robust geometry with the least amount of constrictions. With geometry like the image you have shared, not only are the internal sections important but, the sections at the beginning and end are as well. The "condition", I.E. departure and arrival angles, will affect how the internal flow of swept blend will follow. You may want to create start and end control to help assist the internal flow.

Dean

Top Tags