cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Weird diamonds in the centre of the screen

awright-2
5-Regular Member

Weird diamonds in the centre of the screen

DIMOND INT HE SKY.png

Does anyone know what this dimond in the miodle of the screen is about and how do I turn it off please?

4 REPLIES 4
awright-2
5-Regular Member
(To:awright-2)

diamond and circle.jpg

The diamond is often accompanied by this circle, can I turn this off as well? I'm trying to generate some images for manuals and every time I save out an image I have these diamonds and circles on screen.

Seen this in past with 3D Connection mouse, if using that, trying normal 3 button mouse. 

Hi,

You might also be in Orient Mode.

Within Creo Parametric, go to the View tab, and click on the drop down next to Orientation and click Orient Mode.

This should remove the diamond from the screen.

Thanks,

Amit

I opened a case with PTC about this issue a few weeks ago.  Yes, it is new functionality for 3DConnexion mice.  Refer to document CS259418.  After several e-mails back and forth, I was told the markers cannot be turned off.

At first, the markers  me anoid me, especially because I didn't know what they were.  After using it for a few weeks, I'm getting used to them and actually think the new functionality is an improvement (at least for me).

PTC sent me a video from Creo 4.0 showing the functionality.  It appears that they changed the markers to be less obtrusive (see the pictures below).

c4-1.jpgc4-2.jpgmarker.jpg

Top Tags