cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Welding in 2D drafting

ptc-5124732
1-Newbie

Welding in 2D drafting

hello,

my question;

i just wonder how to control the welding symbol as well as its annotation in 2D....the length of the welding annotation seems to be to long and it would use more space in drafting...can we control the decimal places of welding annotation in 2D (lets say i jut want the fillet welding dimension to '6' instead of '6.00' and the pitch value '100-250' instead of '100.00-250.00')...second thing is,normally i only will show the welded area on the sectioned view. In Creo i cannot do that because it will show the whole welded area in the view (sectioned and non-sectioned view)...if i turn off the quilt visibilty in that view all of the welding symbol will not be visible anymore which is not what i desire...

my opinion about CREO;

i find it so hard to define welding since it has to be define in 3D first. if u compare to CATIA it is a lot easier because we can define it in 2D which is more friendly to me. in Creo we have to define the weld prep (if we have to define one) and in CATIA we only need to the symbol itself in 2D and it would be a problem in Creo if you want to delete the defined welded part since it will only delete the welding symbol but not the weld prep as well. i have to re-edit the part.

Fpr me, it would be alot easier to define the welding in 2D since it saves me a lot of time...seriously

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello, you can insert the weld symbols just like inserting a custom symbol. You just have to browser where the Creo symbols are located. I did a search *.sym of the PTC folder in program files and found where the files where and copied them to an easier to find location.

Mark

Top Tags